We're moving in two weeks. Although I'm excited about our new place, and its location (smack dab in the heart of our church community), I have some bittersweet feelings. Our current home is where we first moved to when leaving (fleeing, haha) the suburbs of Chicagoland, and we have made many memories over the past two years here. I've enjoyed making a home here, and all in all it's been a quiet street with not too many complaints about our near neighbors. Granted, we have had troubles with the building: elevator constantly breaking down, hot water issues, 'NO water' issues, and most recently, our upstairs neighbor purchasing a treadmill and using it at all hours of the day and night; but all in all this has been a good place.
Now we're moving about one block south and six blocks east, and we'll be literally a stone's throw from Living Water Community Church, and the many members of the congregation who live within a few block radius will all be our very close neighbors. We're both looking forward to just walking out our door and across the street to church, or small group, or dinner with friends. I'm sure I'll be blogging more about what life is like "east of Clark".
But before I can start blogging about life in the new neighborhood, one must pack!! Which brings me to the title of this post.... "surrounded by boxes". As an organizer, I have got to admit that all these empty and full brown cardboard contraptions are freaking me out. I keep apologizing to Eric (surely a good wife would manage to HIDE the fact that we're moving in less than 14 days, even if things have to start moving out of cupboards and into boxes?) I hate it that there is bubble wrap and white newspaper print out on the dining table, and that our bookcases stand empty and forlorn, giving no hint to the fact that this is supposed to be a home?
So fond memories aside, I can't wait to move soon, so I can unpack, settle in, and feel at home again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment