Still not better. Heinous apple cider vinegar and cayenne pepper concoctions did nothing, although hot water with lemon and copious amounts of honey did provide some soothing relief for my throat - but then it spread into my chest. So I've had a tight chest, cough, sore throat, and a little shortness of breath the past week - as well as not much of a voice.
Harry is back tomorrow and we have tickets to see Wicked on Friday night, so I really need to get better!
And I was supposed to go with a guy in our church (a refugee) to his first shift at a new job so that he would know how to get there and back on public transit - but thankfully another lady stepped up to the plate. That was Monday. Today another African brother in our church needed a ride way out to the suburbs to an interview location, and absolutely no-one was available to take him. Thankfully I went back to the doc yesterday and now she gave me a bunch of things to take, including one (yay!) prescription (but still not an antibiotic). She also told me I am not contagious. So I took him this morning, armed with my lemon honey water in a flask, and am now resting again at home. He was so sweet - in his broken English he told me "God bless you, you're trying hard for me." Unfortunately, it didn't work out. His English is just not good enough for the position (a safety issue they said - loading UPS packages on the runway at the airport.) Argh!!! It just breaks my heart. Feliki has 7 kids and wants so desperately to work. How would any one of us feel having to learn a brand new language at 42 years old, when you've spent your whole life in a refugee camp? I've already forgotten the 4 words he's taught me in Kirundi!!
I'm just praying something comes through for him. If I had the money I'd run a business that only hired refugees. I don't know what we'd do - but that would be the point. I'd have the money so that it wouldn't have to be profitable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment