Monday, June 2, 2008

Harry is here. Sans Bag.

Finally the day arrived - Harry, my brother, has come to visit from beautiful Cape Town, South Africa (see above). He was due to arrive at 3:45pm. At 3:30pm, while I was stuck waiting for a train to pass through Edgebrook (a neighborhood en route to the airport), Eric called to say Harry's plane had landed. After racing as fast as I could, I then wasted further precious minutes trying to figure my way into the 'meet and greet' parking at O'Hare. Ample signs - but at the actual entrance? Nary a one. So I circled the airport a couple of times, getting more stressed every time I passed the same landmark AGAIN. Where was this elusive entrance to the parking!!??
To cut a long story short, I did eventually arrive to find Harry at his baggage claim carousel. He'd been there for a while, but rather than worrying about where I was, he was anxious about his suitcase, which had yet to appear. Another long story to cut short. It never did. In fact, it wasn't even in the computer system when we went to customer service. So right now, we're praying that somehow, some way, his blue roller bag will be found, and wing its way from Washington D.C. (the last sighting) to Chicago, and to our home. At least he had a couple of changes of clothing in his carry-on. Poor guy, seriously the last thing he needed after traveling for 40-some hours.
Let's hope tomorrow brings some good news, as well as fun adventures in Chicago!

No comments: