Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

We've had another lovely weekend - made even better by it being a long one!


Friday night was the (seems to be now) annual Music and Poetry Evening at the Goring's home, featuring Ruth's wonderful and moving poetry mostly inspired by her life and ties to Colombia, and music by singer/songwriters AndiandI (that's Andi and I). Appetizers and wine were served as we sat in the pretty backyard, and it was a delightful evening. Ruth, Andi and Al are all part of Living Water. We have some pretty serious talent going on there.

Here are Al and Andi in full swing.



Saturday morning wasn't so great - we both had physicals (boy I've seen that doctor alot this summer!) but for once getting blood drawn wasn't supremely awful for me. I could have kissed that nurse for making it so painless and quick. It's the first time I've ever had a physical. Naughty I know, but I'm looking forward to finding out what my cholesterol is up to.

We enjoyed a quick bite (post the pre-physical fast) at the Wild Fig in Evanston, and then headed over to the church to clean the bathrooms. Woohoo!

That evening we played a rousing game of Settlers of Catan at Drew and Brian's place. It was great seeing them - it'd been a while.

And then, early early (6am) Sunday morning Lisa and JP arrived at our door again on the home stretch of their lovely anniversary USA trip, after catching a red-eye from Seattle. They slept soundly until we'd already been home from church for an hour or two, and then we had a fab day together. But I'll post about their time with us in a separate blog dedicated just to them!

Today, after a lazy lie-in morning we sauntered down to the beach to join some picnicking folks, and then spent some time with the BIL Evan. And now we're sad because it's the end of the weekend :(. Can't wait for Friday!

1 comment:

Lola said...

What is the Wild Fig???