Friday, May 30, 2008

Quadruple-Booked

Had a pretty busy night last night...

  • In-home blinds/window treatment consultation.
  • Kirby vacuum cleaner demonstration (which Eric booked, not realizing we had other things on, and which we tried to cancel, to no avail.)
  • Northwestern journalism student interviewing Eric for a project. Subject - Living Water.
  • Living Water Ladies Dance Party.

I was quite pooped. After an hour with the blinds guy (hmm, we're actually leaning towards doing nothing - we kinda like the openness of our lovely wide window with the view of the leafy trees), the journalism student came over, and while she interviewed Eric I put the final touches to our delicious salmon dinner. Once we'd eaten, I headed over to the church for the dance party when the Kirby guy arrived, so sent him in to meet with Eric alone. Stayed only for a short while - my tiredness was accompanied by a low-grade headache, so I decided to head home. Yay for living across the street. But the Kirby guy was still there, and he only left at 10:30pm! We were way impressed by the deep-down stuff he managed to suck out of our sofas and (ugh) mattress, but weren't ready to drop a grand on a vacuum cleaner, even though I think at some point it would be a really worthwhile buy.

You would think at that point we'd drop into bed exhausted. Well, we did. But we still watched an episode of Veronic Mars on the laptop, and woke up still tired this morning.

After taking Eric to work, going to the gym, and doing some PR work at home, I headed out to BeByBaby (cutest store ever!) to pick up a shower gift for some friends who are expecting, and then had an organizing appointment this afternoon. Yes, tonight will be a lay low night. We have to pick Eric's brother up (he's travelling in from Detroit by bus today) but after that we'll cozy up to the Lost season finale (which we missed last night but can catch online) and hopefully get a good 8 or 9 hours sleep after that.

Still looking forward to Harry's coming in on Monday!!

1 comment:

Lola said...

Sleep? What is sleep?