I am sick. I've had a sore throat the past few days, and went on WebMD to see if I could figure out what I had. Among my options were: strep throat; the common cold; and throat cancer. Hmmm.
Reminds me of that old The Onion article on parents using the internet to radically misdiagnose their children.
Just in case though, off I toodled to the doctor who radically diagnosed me as having a "sore throat" - of the common cold and post-nasal drip variety. While some would say "at least it's not strep", I think I'd prefer that because then I could take some antibiotics and clear it away. Now I'm left with over-the-counter medications that only suppress symptoms and/or heinous home remedies involving cayenne pepper and apple cider vinegar. Which I don't have in the house anyway, so I'd have to go to the store for that.
Argh. My throat hurts like heck. Yes, I said it. H-E-C-K. I can barely swallow and it actually makes me want to cry.
(I'm hardly ever sick like this so I hope you can pardon my moaning and whinging. But at least you should know that when it comes to whinging and moaning, I am not alone.)
P.S. I hope to blog about our time with Harry last week soon - he is in Hawaii right now and will be back with us on the 19th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"LAURA...LAURA..."
Whiskey. Whiskey does wonders.
Post a Comment