Eric turned 25 on Friday, November 7th, and I threw him a surprise party with the help of some friends the following evening.
He didn't have a clue until the day before and then he had an inkling - I don't know how! I was even stashing food at a neighbor's place, and all our gracious guests contributed to the feast so that suspicions wouldn't be aroused. I even thought I had the perfect ruse to get him out the house at the appropriate time - a Swedish massage at the Red Door spa in downtown Chicago at 5pm.
Friends started arriving at 6:30pm and we had a good crowd of about 35-40 people by the time Eric arrived home. Despite it not being a total surprise, it was still a wonderful evening and we were thankful to be surrounded by such great friends. We are truly rich in relationships in our little corner of Chicago.
He didn't have a clue until the day before and then he had an inkling - I don't know how! I was even stashing food at a neighbor's place, and all our gracious guests contributed to the feast so that suspicions wouldn't be aroused. I even thought I had the perfect ruse to get him out the house at the appropriate time - a Swedish massage at the Red Door spa in downtown Chicago at 5pm.
Friends started arriving at 6:30pm and we had a good crowd of about 35-40 people by the time Eric arrived home. Despite it not being a total surprise, it was still a wonderful evening and we were thankful to be surrounded by such great friends. We are truly rich in relationships in our little corner of Chicago.




No comments:
Post a Comment